Monday, January 2, 2012

What did Sarah's Key unlock for you?

Kim and I recently watched the movie,  Sarah's Key. I must admit, that I really didn't know much about the movie to being with. I knew that it had a Holocaust theme, but it sounded more like a thriller than what it turned out to be. I like thrillers!

This movie was a really sad story about a Jewish family during the Holocaust. Unlike most films of this genre, it was not set in Germany. It was set in France. If you haven't seen it, I won't spoil it for you. However, if you know me at all, you will understand what I mean when I say that this movie left me thinking. But to be honest with you, I am not sure what conclusions I have come to about it. I would love to hear from anyone who has seen it.

And here is what I would like to know. Most of the time movies have an underlying message that the writer is trying to get across. What was that underlying message for you? Comment here and let's get this conversation started.

No comments:

Post a Comment